- Meyer, William Stevenson, Sir, 1860-1922, et al. Imperial gazetteer of India, Atlas. 1909 edition. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909.
- Meyer, William Stevenson, Sir, 1860-1922, et al. Imperial gazetteer of India, Atlas. 1931 edition. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1931.
- Schwartzberg, Joseph E. A Historical Atlas of South Asia. 2nd impression, with additional material. New York ; Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1992.
from the Imperial Gazetteer of India
The Imperial Gazetteer of India responded to a need in the latter half of the nineteenth century for descriptive accounts of the expanding British territory. The Gazetteer is encyclopedic in nature, containing detailed geographical, historical, ethnic, linguistic, economic, and administrative information.
DSAL is collaborating with several institutions to make important maps
available via the Web.
Restrictions on the use of images
- You may view or download an image to your workstation and store it, and you may make hard copies without further permission,
provided this is done for purposes of private study only.
- You may display personal copies for purposes of an academic lecture or seminar. If using our materials, please make reference to the Digital South Asia Library and the institution holding the original.
This page was last generated on
Wednesday 30 September 2009 at
The URL of this page is: http://dsal.uchicago.edu/maps/index.html