.166 LEMYETHN~1 TOWN
'Lemyethna' Town.-Head-quarters of the township of the' same
name in Henzada District, Lower Burma, situated in 17' 36' N. a'nd
95' 11' E., on the Bassein river, near the south-west corner of the
District. Population (1901), 5,813. Its affairs are managed by a town
committee. The income and expenditure of the town fund in 1903-4
amounted to Rs. io,ooo and Rs. 11,ooo respectively. The civil hospital,
supported by local funds, has accommodation for 8 in-patients.
Letpadan Township.-Township of Tharrawaddy District, Lower
Burma, lying between 170 37' and 18° 1o' N. and. 95° 26' and
96' 1o' E., with an area of 526 square miles. The population in 19or
was 56,098. The eastern portion of the township on the Pegu Yoma
is hilly, the western is level and fertile. The head-quarters are at
LETPADAN TOWN (population, 8,772), and there are 213 villages. The
area cultivated in 1903-4 was 112 square miles, paying Rs. 2,19,000
Letpadan Town.-Head-quarters of the township of the same
name in Tharrawaddy District, Lower Burma, situated in 17' 47' N.
and 95° 45' E., on the railway, 77 miles from Rangoon; and about
8 miles due north of the District head-quarters. Population (r9or),
8,772. It was constituted a municipality in 1894. The receipts and
expenditure of the municipal fund to the end of igoo-r averaged
Rs. 23,000- In 1903-4 the receipts and expenditure amounted to
Rs. 35;ooo and Rs. 38,ooo respectively. The chief sources of. income
were house and land tax (Rs.4,5oo), and tolls on markets and
slaughter-houses (Rs. 20,300); and the principal items of expenditure
were conservancy (Rs. 4,3oo), hospitals (Rs. 4;8oo), and roads
(Rs. 5,ooo). The town contains an Anglo-vernacular school main
tained by subscriptions, under the management of a local committee,
and a municipal hospital. It is an important centre of the' paddy trade:
The Bassein railway joins the main line from Prome to Rangoon at
Lewe.-South-western township of Yamethin District, Upper Burma,
lying between 19° 27' and 19' 49' N. and 95° 43' and 96'' 31' E., with
an area of 783 square miles. The greater part is -forest. The popu-
lation has increased very rapidly from 10,328 in 1891 to 30,558 in
x901, distributed in 209 villages. The increase is due to immigration
from neighbouring areas, where there have been extensive crop failures.
The head-quarters are at Lewe (population, 1,638), on the Yonbin
chaung, 1o miles from Pyinmana; and connected with that town by
a good road. In 1903-4 the area cultivated was 56 square miles, and
the land revenue and thathameda amounted to Rs. 1, i 1,ooo.
Likhi.--Petty State in MAHI KANTHA, Bombay.
Limbda.-Petty State in KATHIAWAR, Bombay.
Limbdi State.-State in the Kathiawar Political Agency, Bombay