356 TII-E, 0G
Theog.-A fief of the Keonthal State, Punjab, lying between 3I° 4'
and 31° 9' N. and 77° 21' and 77° 31' E., with an area of 144 square
miles. The population in 19or was 5,654, and the revenue is about
Rs. 5,ooo. A tribute of Rs..5oo is paid to the Keonthal State. The
present chief, TYka Shamsher Chand, exercises full powers, but sen-
tences of death require the confirmation of the Superintendent, Simla
Thibaw.-State in the Northern Shan States, Burma. See HSIPAW.
Thigwin.-Township in Myaungmya District, Lower Burma. See
Thongwa.-Former name of a District in the Irrawaddy Division,
Lower Burma. See MA-UBIN.
Thongwa Township.-South-eastern township of Hanthawaddy
District, Lower Burma, wholly level throughout, situated immediately
to the west of where the Sittang flows into the Gulf of Martaban.
It lies between 16° 39' and 16° 58' N. and g6° 23' and 96° 45' E., and
has an area of 104 square miles. It was constituted in 1901-2, being
formed of portions of the Thabyegan and Kyauktan townships, which
in lgor had a population of 47,651, dwelling in 174 villages. The
head-quarters are at the village of Thongwa (population, 3,132), on the
1-1mawwun creek, about 25 miles from the point where that stream
flows into the Rangoon river. The area cultivated in 1903-4 was
199 square miles, paying Rs. 4,82,000 land revenue.
Thonze.-Town in the Tharrawaddy subdivision and township of
Tharrawaddy District, Lower Burma, situated in 17° 38' N. and
95° 48' E., on the railway about 2 miles due south of Tharrawaddy
town. Population (rgol), 6,578. It was constituted a municipality
in 1897. The receipts and. expenditure of the municipal fund to
the end of lgoo-r averaged Rs. ig,ooo and Rs. 14,ooo respectively.
In 1903-4 the receipts were Rs. 30,000, including house and land tax
(Rs. 3,ooo) and tolls on markets and slaughter-houses (Rs. 17,000) ;
and the expenditure was Rs. 25,000, the chief items being conservancy
(Rs. 4,5oo) and administration (Rs. 3,6oo). The town contains a dis-
Thul.-TVuha of the Upper Sind Frontier District; Sind, Bombay,
lying in 28° 5' and 28° 26' N. and 68° 32' and 68° 58' E., with an area
of 496 square miles. The population in rgol was 47,786, compared
with 32,706 in 1891. The hiluka contains 96 villages, of which Thul
is the head-quarters. The density, 96 persons per square mile, slightly
exceeds the District average. The land revenue and cesses in 1903-4
amounted to 2 z lakhs. The taluka depends for irrigation upon the
Begari, Unhar Wah, and Desert Canals.
Tiagar.-Village in South Arcot District, Madras. See TYAGA