- Annual of Urdu Studies = Salnamah-i dirasat-i Urdu. Chicago, IL : C. M. Naim. v. 1-7. 1981-1990.
- Journal of Arts and Ideas. New Delhi, G.P. Deshpande. v. 1- Oct.-Dec. 1982-
- Mahfil. continued by Journal of South Asian Literature. East Lansing, etc., Asian Studies Center, Michigan State University. v. 1- 1963-
- Social Scientist. New Delhi, Indian School of Social Sciences. v. 1- Aug. 1972-
- The Record News. Mumbai, Society of Indian Record Collectors. v. 1- Jan. 1991-
- Gorkha Sansar. Dehra Dun, [India]: Grenda Himalayana Press [1926-]. A weekly newspaper in Nepali, from 4 November 1926 to 12 March 1929. The web presenation of Gorkha Sansar is a collaboration between the Digital South Asia Library, the South Asia Microform Project and the Madan Puraskar Library in Patan Dhoka, Nepal.
Additional Nepali newspapers are available from the Center for Research Libraries.
- Archaeological Survey of India. Western Circle. Progress report. Calcutta: Government of Bombay. General Department, 1898.
Additional Archaeological Survey of India circle reports are available from the Center for Research Libraries.
- Azad, Muhammad Husain. Ab-i hayat: yani mashahir shura-yi Urdu ke savanih umri aur zaban-i mazkur ki ahd ba ahd ki taraqqiyon aur islahon ka bayan. Lahaur: Naval Kishor Gais Printing Varks, 1907.
Translated and edited by Frances W. Pritchett, in association with Shamsur Rahman Faruqi.
ḥayāt : shaping the canon of Urdu poetry. Chicago: Digital South Asia Library, 2005.
- Coleman, F. M. Typical pictures of Indian natives. Bombay: The "Times of India" office and Thacker & co. ltd; London: The "Times of India" office, 1903.
- Great Britain. India Office East India. Statistical abstract relating to British India.
- Hunter, William Wilson, Sir, 1840-1900, et al. Imperial gazetteer of India. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1908-1931.
- India. Department of Education. The Indian copyright regulations, 1914. Delhi, 1914.
- Linguistic Survey of India. Calcutta: Office of the Superintendent of Government Printing, India, 1903-1928.
- Ojha, Gaurisankara Hiracanda. Nagari anka aura akshara. Prayaga: Hindi Sahitya Sammelana, 2006 .
- Oudh Punch. A selection from the illustrations which have appeared in the Oudh Punch from 1877 to 1881. Lucknow: Oudh Punch, 1881.
- Ray, Babu Mallinath. Monograph on the wire and tinsel industry in Bengal. Calcutta: Bengal Secretariat Book Depot, 1910.
Pedagogical books for language instruction
- Dimock, Edward.
A Bengali prose reader for second-year students. [Chicago]: University of Chicago, 1988.
- Dimock, Edward. Introduction to Bengali : a basic course in spoken Bengali, with emphasis upon speaking and understanding the language. Honolulu: East-West Press, 1964.
- Hill, Edward C. A primer in Telugu characters. New Delhi: Manohar Publications, 1991.
- Mishra, P. C.
A primer in Oriya characters. Puri Town, India: Smith Orissa Research Project, .
- Naim, C. M. Introductory Urdu. [Chicago]: South Asia Language & Area Center, University of Chicago, 1999.
- Naim, C. M. Readings in Urdu: prose and poetry. Honolulu: Published for the South Asia Language and Area Center, University of Chicago, by East-West Center Press 
- Reddy, Golla Narayanaswami and Dan M Matson. Graded readings in modern literary Telugu. [Madison?] : University of Wisconsin, 1967.
- Reddy, Golla Narayanaswami and Dan M Matson. Glossary for graded readings in modern literary Telugu. [Madison?] : University of Wisconsin, 1967.
- Venugopalan K. A primer in Grantha characters. St. Peter, Minn: James H. Nye, 1983.
- Zide, Norman H. A Premchand reader. Honolulu: Published for the South Asia Language and Area Center, University of Chicago, by East-West Center Press, .
This page was last generated on
Sunday 12 August 2012 at
The URL of this page is: http://dsal.uchicago.edu/books/index.html